In this article, you will find out Plot Diagram template and its components. We all knew about literature. Literature is a subject that is quite interesting to teach and learn. When someone tries to teach this subject, they try to make it enjoyable through diagrams and stories.
A person can make memories more effective with a visual effect like diagrams, videos, templates, and pictures.
When somebody tries to explain a story, they have to make a template. As you can say, the story’s plot helps a person explain it and helps him understand the story.
If you do not know how to make such a template, download our plot diagram PDF and go through it. Then you will see the relevant parts of the story you will include in your template. And it will be easier for you to explain the story.
Related Article: Best Free Project Management Template Excel (XLS) (2020)
Types of Plot Diagram Templates
A plot diagram is an essential and helpful tool. And you can use a plot structure diagram to help explain or create a new story. Every story has a pattern or plot when you think about it.
So, if you try to explain without a pattern, it will be more challenging for you to clarify effectively. You can use our different templates to present your story; even if you are a writer and want to write a novel, you can also use our templates. It will amazingly help you out.
Going further, every story or plot has two parts. And, you have to make every aspect of the story more interesting for your readers through this to capture more interest in your readers.
Without a great plot, you would not attract your readers because you will lose your interest somewhere.
If you don’t know how to create a plot structure diagram, download our plot diagram template and make a beautiful story pyramid.
Also, there are several templates you can create. But aside from a blank plot diagram, you can also create a:
- Short story plot
- Box plot
- Plot curve
- Plot structure
- Plot graph
- Plot graphic organizer
- Scatter plot
There’s one crucial thing you have to remember about templates. You should make more details on the template you make. And it will make the story more readable. It should make the story’s plot more uncomplicated and more interesting for your readers.
Related Article: Free Critical Path Templates in Word Excel PDF
Blank Plot Diagrams
Blank plot diagrams are those types of diagrams you can use as you want. They will explain your story more effectively to your readers. In blank plot diagrams, you can label or make new shapes according to your requirements.
Parts of a Plot Diagram Template
You may use different templates types, and you’ll notice that they all have the essential parts. You can also see this in our plot diagram. It’s necessary to know these different parts as they will help you in the future.
So, if you want to write a story or explain an account, you must know these essential parts. These are the main elements of a plot diagram. These are five elements include:
- Rising Action
- Falling Action
Let’s explore each piece in detail.
You can find the exposition at the start of a story. Here, you introduce all the characters of the story and the setting and time. Also, the exposition explains the basic required information about the story.
And this information is very much crucial for the reader to understand the story. Also, you can say this is the introduction of the story. And you introduce the time, place, and mood of the story.
You have to explain how your characters behave. Is it static or dynamic? It shows if the characters are going to be flat or round.
Also, there are different ways to explain the exposition and the rest of the story. You can use some personal points of view. In this way, you’ll tell the story through your main character’s eyes.
Further, you can also introduce the protagonist and antagonist in the exposition stage of the story. The hero has all the good characteristics.
And the villain has all the bad habits you want to show. Through this, the reader can quickly determine the characters and their way of acting.
Related Article: Download Free Pert Chart Template in Excel
Well, rising action comes right before the climax. And, it contains all the events which would lead to the climax. In the rising action, you have to include the development of your characters. Also, you may consist of some events which will create suspense.
In some cases, this part of the diagram would also conflict with the readers. That would be a struggle between two or more characters in the story. Usually, the hero and the villain are the ones involved in this conflict.
The conflict refers to the main problem which drives the story plot. And, there are different types of issues that you can create. First, you can create a problem with two characters. Second, you can create a problem between the characters and the natural disasters.
Third, you can create an issue or struggle where the characters fight against society. Finally, you can create a problem or struggle where the character fights with himself.
That is the central and most important part of the story. And it’s the high point you can make more interesting for your readers.
In this stage, the characters face each other and create so many problems. Also, the main character deals with the problem, which becomes the most exciting part of the story.
This part calls falling action, comes right after the climax. And in this section, all conflicts in the climax get solved. The falling action happens as a result of the conflicts in the climax.
That is the last part of the diagram. In this part, the story comes to an end. It’s not necessary to make and a happy or sad ending. The resolution will still complete the story.
You can leave the reader very satisfied. However, it can also leave the reader with more questions. So, make this kind of resolution if you plan to write a story.
Making a plot structure diagram will help you create a story with a better structure. Using one can also help students understand the story in an effective way.
Advantages of Making a Plot Diagram Template
For making plots and diagrams, these are exciting tools. You can use them to simplify stories to make them more exciting and readable. However, before you start creating your own template, let’s look at their advantages:
- It can help you to write faster. When you plan your story using a diagram, you can focus more on the story’s part. Then you won’t have to waste any time wondering where your story is going on. In addition, you can explain more professionally and effectively through a plot diagram template.
- Also, it gives you a better direction. For example, creating a diagram will help you work towards your character’s goals. Also, you can develop your story according to the ending you’ve already planned and make it more interesting.
- Moreover, it will save a lot of time. As you create the first draft of your story, it will be closer to what you had in your mind. You can make more and more interest of your readers at each part of the story.
- Further, there’s less chance that you will get stuck at some point or you don’t know what to do at this point. If you already plan your story using a plot map, you’ll see where you’re going and how to story will affect your readers. Then there’s very little chance that you’ll get stuck in a plot twist that you cannot get out of.
- And, making a plot diagram can help you research better when working on each part. Equally, you will get to know which part you have to work on to get the story’s equal interest.
- Plot curve diagrams are flexible. So you can still be as impulsive as you want. Just because you’ve made a diagram, that doesn’t mean that you can’t change your mind.
- You can change it any time you think this is not working or this part is not attractive; you can make changes. If you want to make changes, modify the details of your diagram.
- It can help you choose appropriate names for your characters. That may not seem like a huge advantage at first. But when you plan your characters well, you’ll be able to think of the best names. That can inspire you while you’re writing your story.
- Printable plot diagram forms and templates help reduce the chance of experiencing writer’s block at some point. When you make an outline or a diagram, you know exactly where your story is going on. So, if you feel like you’re stuck, go back to your diagram, make the changes, to go back on track.
- Also, the plot diagram maker helps you commit fewer mistakes. For example, if you’re working on your outline, you can get your story’s structure right the first time.
- Without the diagram, you might have to go back and arrange the story again and again. If you want to change any part of the story or diagram, you’ll do so by your choice.
- Using a plot diagram PDF can also help you place your story naturally. That will make you stay on target better than while writing. With a plot pdf diagram, you can stick to your storyline more effectively.
Related Article: Free Project Schedule Template | Plans, Gantt Chart and Timeline Templates
A plot diagram is a tool focusing on a pyramid or triangle shape used to map the story’s events. Through this mapping, the readers and writers can visualize the story’s central part. Through this, they can understand it clearly and effectively.
Making a plot pyramid or diagram is also effortless everyone can use it easily. As you’re building your diagram, you’ll become more interested in your story.
That will make you feel so satisfied that you are doing it in the right way. And that will lead to your being more motivated and inspired to write and more effectively your readers.
Making a Plot Diagram Template in Microsoft Word
Now you have a lot of things about plot diagrams. And you can start creating a blank plot diagram to use when writing your stories. But, of course, the next thing to do is learn how to make such a diagram.
Here, we’ll go through some steps to create a template using Microsoft Word to guide you on making it in a good way.
- The first thing you need to do is identify the parts of the diagram you want to make. You can use a map, pyramid, or chart when planning the plot of your story.
- Draw your diagram, then write down the parts you’re planning to include in your story. It will help you in the next steps of the story. Set the tone of your story. It would be best to make it more compelling for the readers to capture their attention and read your story.
- After the first introduction of the story, you can also start thinking about your characters. You can make the first incident something big, which changes your main character’s life. Write this event right after you introduce the setting of your story. It will make an image of your story to their mind.
- Then you can start creating your rising action how your character develops in which circumstances they are living how they are surviving the problems which the main character is dealing with.
- From the introduction, you need to write different events to explain your character’s personality more effectively, what things make him happy and which type of life he wants to live. Those events should all lead to the climax of your story.
- It’s very much essential to show the development of your characters. Your reader has to get to know them as the story progresses.
- That will help the readers relate to your story more and more, and they can also imagine how the story goes. Again, this will give you a better idea of executing plot twists and capturing the readers’ interest.
- The next step is to think about the climax of your story. That should be the most compelling part of your story. It’s a high point, so you should spend time making it more interesting. The climax should be a massive conflict which the main character deals with.
- In this step, you’ll include a lot of action-packed details. It’s like your story starts to speed down the tracks of a roller coaster to reach the ending.
- Create a sense of emotions and suspense for your reader to keep them turning the pages.
- Finally, you have to create your story’s resolution. That is also known as the conclusion of the story or the end of the story.
- Think about how you want your story to end. For example, you may want your main character to overcome the central conflict. It’s totally up to you to make a happy ending or satisfy the readers.
Related Article: Free Requirement Gathering Templates & Tools
Frequently Asked Questions
2. Rising action
4. Falling action
What is the Story Plot Diagram?
A plot diagram is a tool focusing on a pyramid or triangular shape used to map the story’s events. This mapping of plot structure allows readers and writers to effectively visualize the key features of stories.
What is the beginning of a Plot Diagram?
A plot diagram is a graphical representation of the plot of the story. So, a story plot diagram is a kind of line graph of the story’s events toward the proper ending.
What are the parts of a Plot Diagram?
The parts of a plot diagram are:
1. The exposition
2. Rising action
4. Falling action
What is Plot and its types?
The plot is the structure of the action of a story. And, in conventional narratives, the plot contains three main parts:
1. Rising action,
2. Climax, and falling action
3. Resolution or denouement